Here’s a simple recipe for penne all’arrabbiata
- 8 ounces (225g) penne pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust according to your spice preference).
- 1 can (14 ounces/400g) diced tomatoes.
- ¼ cup tomato paste.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil.
- Salt, to taste.
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish).
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for serving, optional).
Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste to the skillet. Stir well to combine. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
Stir in the dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
Add the cooked penne pasta to the skillet with the arrabiata sauce. Toss well to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the pasta to absorb some of the flavors.
Remove from heat and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Serve the Penne Arrabiata hot, optionally topped with grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
Enjoy your delicious Penne Arrabiata!