Here’s a simple recipe for pasta with zucchini (zucchine):
- 8 ounces (225g) of pasta (any type you prefer).
- 2 medium-sized zucchini (zucchine), sliced.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional).
Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Sauté the zucchini: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the sliced zucchini to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender but still slightly crisp.
Combine the pasta and zucchini: Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the zucchini. Toss everything together gently, allowing the flavors to combine. If desired, you can add a splash of pasta cooking water to create a light sauce.
Serve: Transfer the pasta and zucchini to serving plates. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious pasta with zucchini (zucchine)!